Invisalign Clear Braces in South Calgary, AB
It’s never too late for a straight, healthy smile. At Legacy Dental Care, we offer Invisalign clear braces as an alternative to brackets and wires, making it more convenient for our older teen and adult patients to seek orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of a Straight Smile
Most people would agree that perfectly aligned teeth are attractive, but orthodontic treatment does more than just make smiles beautiful. Properly aligned teeth have a number of health benefits as well.
- Makes it easier to clean teeth and maintain oral health
- Improves restorative treatment options
- Lowers risk of uneven wear and stress fractures
- Reduces decay by eliminating overlapping or overcrowded teeth
- Supports healthy jaw joints and a comfortable bite
Having a smile that looks beautiful is important to many people. We make having a smile that looks attractive and feels comfortable possible with Invisalign clear braces in our Calgary dental practice.
How Is Invisalign Different?
Traditional orthodontics rely on brackets and an adjustable wire to guide teeth into alignment. Invisalign clear braces use crystal clear, BPA-free plastic aligners to nudge teeth into proper positions.
Common orthodontic conditions:
- Overcrowded teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Protruding teeth
In some cases, our dentists may place small, tooth-coloured attachments on the teeth for improved guidance, which we will remove after treatment. These small buttons are barely noticeable during treatment.
Since Invisalign aligners are smooth, patients can avoid the irritation to the insides of the cheeks and lips commonly caused by brackets.
Removable trays make it easier to clean teeth, and you can enjoy an unrestricted diet while undergoing orthodontic care. It is always best to remove your aligners when drinking hot liquids.
How to Use Invisalign Clear Braces
It’s important to follow these guidelines to keep orthodontic treatment on track. Since Invisalign clear braces are removable, it can be tempting to leave them out longer than recommended.
- Wear aligners most of the day (about 22 hours)
- Use each pair for two weeks (or as directed by your dentist)
- Remove aligners to eat and clean teeth
- Keep aligners away from hot water
- Avoid leaving Invisalign trays in a hot car
- Keep aligners away from pets
- Clean aligners after eating and drinking
- Notify us if you lose or damage your aligners
- Maintain routine appointments with your dentist
Dr. Sandon Wiedemann, Dr. Laiton Wiedemann, or Dr. Jayde Wiedemann will evaluate your progress and make any adjustments necessary for ideal results by the end of treatment.
Getting Started with Invisalign in South Calgary Is Easy
Contact our Legacy dental clinic to arrange an evaluation. While Invisalign braces are suitable for many orthodontic conditions, some complex cases may benefit from traditional orthodontics. Our dentists will discuss your options, along with potential outcomes, before beginning any treatment.