Cosmetic dentistry is considered to be any procedure that improves or enhances your smile. This could include procedures like:
- Tooth crowns and bridges - To repair decayed or broken teeth
- Dental implants - To replace one or multiple missing teeth
- Porcelain veneers - Cover many cosmetic imperfections
- Invisible braces with Invisalign - Straighten teeth and correct your bite
- Tooth-coloured fillings - Eliminate tooth decay while keeping the aesthetics of your smile
- Dental bonding - A quick and less invasive way to cover small cosmetic imperfections
- Professional teeth whitening - Keeps your smile bright and white
That being said, most of these procedures also repair your function, which means that cosmetic and restorative dentistry go hand in hand. Cosmetic dentistry ensures that you're able to chew your food with ease while eliminating or covering imperfections in your smile.
If you're considering making changes to your smile's appearance, the first step is to schedule an evaluation with one of our dentists at Legacy Dental Care to discuss your goals. Cosmetic dentistry in South Calgary could include one or more of the procedures we discussed above, and our dentists will recommend the best options to help you meet your goals. Then you can decide how you want to proceed.